 Castle / 3534
Re: Red Ninjas, exploring the possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 17:23:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Shiri Dori wrote:
What does the princess's face look like?

I convinced her to unmask...theres a picture, larger than life, at:

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura/Pieces/ninjaprincess.JPG

Do the red ninjas look just like the grey ones, but with dif. colors?

Yep, except for the Red Ninja Master, who has a great face hidden under the
beard.  I used it for Batu, and I think they should have used it for the Emperor
instead of the one they did use, cos it looks really cool on that 'fig...

Any suggestions on which sets I should get? I want a brown BP, and the beard'd
be nice... but the princess's face interests me as well.

I'd go for the Emperor's Stronghold personally...it's a bit more expensive but
the NFF has a lousy price/piece ratio and a bunch of BURPs.  I haven't been
able
to convince myself to buy it yet...hopefully it'll go on sale or clearance or
something.

The Emperor's Stronghold also has the extremely cool Emperor 'fig - love that
torso!  I like how the Emperor & Shogun in this theme have regular clothes under
their armor.

So, for me, the pros and cons would be summed up by:

Emperor's Stronghold:             Ninja Fire Fortress:
* Cool Ninja Princess             * Cool Old Ninja
* Cool Emperor                    * Cannon
* Cool sloped wall sections       * Plain old BURPs
* Better design
* Better price/piece

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m

there are other advantages for fire fortress!

~ nicest selection of drk grey basic bricks
~ 16x16 brown baseplate
~ 2 brown chains (look rusty)
~ net
~ beard element w/ an old ninja head so cool you won't want to cover it up
with the beard.
~ brown rope/ vine
~ beige revolving door holder (to go w/ beige door from #5988)
~ blue 1x14 "garage door" track piece

  i have 4 of this set. i'm just crazy about it! i'm not knocking emp's
stronghold at all. i plan on a second when i see a sale. (maybe a third if
the sale is good enough! :-P )  all the red ninja sets are good, imho, and i
can't get enough of all of them.  i'm building up  my largest army out of
red ninjas to be mephisto's forces, btw. each of these sets furthers that
goal by two ninjas and i get lots of good building elements along the way.

  later ~ craig~