 Castle / 3531
Re: Red Ninjas, exploring the possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 12:33:44 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:
What does the princess's face look like?

I convinced her to unmask...theres a picture, larger than life, at:

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura/Pieces/ninjaprincess.JPG

Do the red ninjas look just like the grey ones, but with dif. colors?

Yep, except for the Red Ninja Master, who has a great face hidden under the
beard.  I used it for Batu, and I think they should have used it for the Emperor
instead of the one they did use, cos it looks really cool on that 'fig...

Any suggestions on which sets I should get? I want a brown BP, and the beard'd
be nice... but the princess's face interests me as well.

I'd go for the Emperor's Stronghold personally...it's a bit more expensive but
the NFF has a lousy price/piece ratio and a bunch of BURPs.  I haven't been
able
to convince myself to buy it yet...hopefully it'll go on sale or clearance or
something.

The Emperor's Stronghold also has the extremely cool Emperor 'fig - love that
torso!  I like how the Emperor & Shogun in this theme have regular clothes under
their armor.

So, for me, the pros and cons would be summed up by:

Emperor's Stronghold:             Ninja Fire Fortress:
* Cool Ninja Princess             * Cool Old Ninja
* Cool Emperor                    * Cannon
* Cool sloped wall sections       * Plain old BURPs
* Better design
* Better price/piece

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m