 Castle / 3532
Re: Sneak peak at the Stable for my Inn...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 12:38:55 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:
<snip>

eric ~

only you could build such a lovely structure that's "fit for horses". must
be some prize mares in there for sure!  it looks great with inn!  i'm glad
you included pics of the two buildings together along with the solo detail
shots of the stable.  did you have a specific architectural inspiration, or
is this just out of your head?  it has a very authentic look and reminds me
of the really posh stables one sees at the "hoity toity" races.

Well it did just come out of my head but I must have had inspiration from
somewhere I just don't know where it came from deep in the subconcious.

Actually this is a little more "hoity toity" than I origionally planned but at
the moment the Inn is the center piece for my town so I thought I would go big.
I am thinking that the Inn caters to the dignitaries that come to or through
town on business.  The rooms above the stable are for the help, and lower cost
rooms, although for the every day citizen the rooms are still extravagant.

This is not an Inn for your everyday traveler I'm afraid unless they use majic
and can change dust to gold.  I am going to have to really plan out my next big
structure because unless I dismantal some of my town I just don't have parts
for anything big anymore and it will require an order from S@H for brick packs
and roof packs.  I may just have to wait till LEGO Direct gets going so I can
use DkGray for my next structure.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/