 Castle / 3232
Re: Special Effects - Flames and Explosions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 23:17:19 GMT

[I did *WHAT*?!?!?  *EVERY* URL?!?  AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

In lugnet.castle, Franklin W. Cain writes:
Hi!  :-D

I've posted some visual instructions
for making "flame" markers/counters at: •   "http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/fx/flames1.jpg"

The idea of using 1x1 cones with flames
is one that I got from Steve Jackson
when I helped him run his Lego Pirate Game •   ("http://www.io.com/~sj/PirateGame.html").

I came up with the variation of using the 2x2 radar dish
(in place of the 1x1 cone).
You can see an example of this in use here: •   "http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/people/lich.jpg"

I also came up with an idea of using an 45-degree inverted slope
with several flames (explained in the first image above),
but this can also be used with 33-degree inverted slopes,
in either case, arranged in a ring to simulate
"ground zero" of an explosion
or the fire/flame spell wards of a wizard (as shown here: •   "http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/people/lich2.jpg").

(When I get a chance, I'll post another "effects" image
to show exactly how I build the 33-degree-invert-slope
"flame" markers.)

Feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Franklin the Fumble-Fingered :-P ~~~