 Castle / 3231
3230  |  3232
Subject:
Special Effects - Flames and Explosions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 23:13:33 GMT

Hi!  :-D

I've posted some visual instructions
for making "flame" markers/counters at:
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fx/flames1.jpg"

The idea of using 1x1 cones with flames
is one that I got from Steve Jackson
when I helped him run his Lego Pirate Game
("http://www.io.com/~sj/PirateGame.html").

I came up with the variation of using the 2x2 radar dish
(in place of the 1x1 cone).
You can see an example of this in use here:
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/people/lich.jpg"

I also came up with an idea of using an 45-degree inverted slope
with several flames (explained in the first image above),
but this can also be used with 33-degree inverted slopes,
in either case, arranged in a ring to simulate
"ground zero" of an explosion
or the fire/flame spell wards of a wizard (as shown here:
"http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/people/lich2.jpg").

(When I get a chance, I'll post another "effects" image
to show exactly how I build the 33-degree-invert-slope
"flame" markers.)

Feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Franklin

Franklin W. Cain | fwcain@yahoo.com
                 | http://members.tripod.com/fcain
                 | http://members.tripod.com/fcain/lego/want_list.html
USE OF MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL PURPOSES
IS _STRICTLY_ PROHIBITED. . . .  MAKE MY (LAWYER'S) DAY, PUNK!