 Castle / 3152
Re: About the sages (was Re: All of those [adventurer] minifigs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 02:28:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Catena writes:
In lugnet.build.minifigs, Leah Cardaci writes:
The sages are a very old group that travel the kingdom of Auren searching
for artifacts and information. Several have "posts" in places of general
inerest, and it's a well known fact that a sage will quickly apear when
anything imporant happens. In this way, the sages have recorded much of
the history of the kingdom. However, they have never been very eager to
share this information with others.

Oooh, good way to explain the presence and purpose of these structures, and
the interactions between visitors to the posts and those who live there.
Also a good way to present your chapters, as stories written down by the
sages.

Hey, what a wonderfull idea! I hadn't actually thought about the Sages that
way, they were just another group of characters interacting in Auren.

I've been wondering what would be the best way to introduce certain important
historical facts. The Sages would be the perfect narators.

Personally, I'd model the Grand Sage after yourself, the master
storyteller... ;)

The present Grand Sage, Sennett, has already formed his own personality.
Peronalized mini-figs tend to do that ;) Sennet is a wise, elderly man, who has
a gift for saying the right thing even when suprised.

Heh. I have three hundred lines of backstory notes for my creations,

Wow! And I thought my backstory was long and complicated :)

I plan to write up the backstory notes into a narrative as it matures into
chapters with pictures. Right now I'm working with Pawel on a chapter (or two)
with Verneer and Ewan and my blacksmith Atsidi. And many many auxiliary
characters. :)

This sound great, I look forward to seeing it.

       -L