 Adventurers / 739
Re: All of those minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:13:42 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Markus Wolf writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Toki Barron writes:
What do you all do with the Adventurers minifigs you accumulate after buying a
few sets?  I find the models to be fairly interesting (mainly the Egyptian
theme), and buy the sets based on the models.  However, I now have a bunch of
minifigs that I don't really want and was just curious what people did with
them.

In my case, try (and thus far fail) to trade them. ;/

  My minifigs never/rarely stay in their original state.  I switch heads and
hats to give my Lego community different personalities.  For instance, the
baddie from "Spider's Secret" had a white hat that I thought would be more
appropriate for my Ward Granger western hero.  I don't have "hundreds" of
minifigs, but I strive to make them all a tad bit different, and most of my
characters I know by name.

I know what you mean!  My primary interest is Castle, and most of the
Adventurers heads work out OK for that.  Dr. Lightning's head has been
transformed into the Mad Mage Cornelius
(http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura/moc/castleworld/cornelius, if I
remember right, if not http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura and find him
in the MOC section yourself), and I think that Richard Parsons over in
.pirates is using Johnny Thunder's smirking mug as a pirate captain.  Both
Craig Hamilton and I independently decided that Rudo Villano's head was
perfect for a Wolfpack warrior, and I imagine I'll be able to make use of
Sr. Palomar in both Castle and Pirate settings.  Baron von Barron and Sam
Sinister are a bit more difficult...

At least none of them have microphones welded to their heads. :P That's my
biggest problem with a lot of the modern/future minifigs...(Like RR's
Jet!  I really wish she had no mic...guess I gotta get an X-acto knife...)