 Castle / 2945
  Lego direct for castle ...

If Lego direct were to introduce any pieces you may want for castle, which would you most like to see? For me personally, after seeing all of the recent models, I think I would go with the following: 1) Arches - all sizes and colors - preference (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

(...) I assume that these are the Arch windows that you can also get now in Gray in 6094 - Guarded Treasury. (URL) so these would be #2 on my list after your #1. Otherwise I like the rest of your list. (...) Oh I hope your kidding ;-) (...) Thats (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

(...) Heh... Here's my list then. If I don't otherwise specify, assume I'm talking grey & dark grey, followed by all the other colors. :) 1) Bricks. all sizes, but mostly 2x4 2) Plates. all sizes 3) Tiles. 2x2 and 1x1, then the other sizes. 4) (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

(...) 1:(silly me, forgot to footnote) As seen in 6067 Guarded Inn as the front door, or 6080 as the prison door, or any number of other classic sets. Recently seen in black here: (URL) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

[x-post and FUT lugnet.general] (...) It's interesting. When writing about the historical way TLC has ignored AFOLs, people tend to make two rants: 1. There aren't enough AFOLs to make a financial impact on TLC. 2. TLC won't offer direct parts (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:26:46 GMT Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote concerning 'Re: Lego direct for castle ...': (...) heh, that's a very good point, and I think you're right. The two positions are mutually exclusive. IMO, AFOLs do not (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

I think BURPS would work well. I think they would work well for train clubs (raised bases, mountains, tunnels), castle groups (ditto), and town folks (again mountains and tunnels). I hope these are indeed among the pieces available for ordering. I (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

(...) My list is similar: 1) grey and dark grey bricks (mostly 1xn, but also 2xn) (also some tan and brown) 2) grey and dark grey plates (also some tan, brown, and black) 3) arches of all sorts in grey and dark grey (also some yellow, red, blue, (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

(...) This question seems to be key. What kind of Lego elements will generate the most long-term demand, in terms of the number of elements consumed? I don't think new parts, parts in odd colors (such as pink), or rare parts that you need a hundred (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego direct for castle ...

(...) Something else which always bugs me is the assumption that TLC will "lose" money with Lego Direct. If they price the parts correctly, and do a good job on the distribution system, I believe they can sell them for less than the per piece cost (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)