 Castle / 274
Re: Ideas for a court jester?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:49:16 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Rick Kurtzuba writes:
I find it disappointing that we never saw a court jester minifig.  I've got an
idea for one, though, and I was wondering if any of you had your own jester
ideas.

For the head I used one of the white-faced Islanders with red cheeks.  But the
most important part is the hat!  I used a black 1x1 brick with studs on all
four sides (plus the top, of course).  Then I attached one of those small,
floppy switch/lever/antenna pieces (all white) to each of the four side studs.
(You guys know what pieces I'm talking about?  I'm not sure if they have a
commonly recognized name or not.)  It's not as good as a real hat piece would
have been, but it's pretty convincing.  The little nubs on the ends of the
antennae work well as the bells that are always on the ends of those floppy
hats.  I'm not sure what torso to use for the jester, though.

Any thoughts?

Rick Kurtzuba

Well, since most people would admit that a jester should have a checked top,
why not use the Royal King's torso? Then use an alternation of red and white
arms, hands, and legs, with a black belt, and whatever hat you like (your idea
is good, but can you get those 1x1 bricks in red? I'm just thinking of colour
schemes... white sockets and yellow antennae would look good too).
Of course, then you have the problem of getting a different torso for your
king, but most of the Star Wars or Pirate tops would probably work.

Stu C.
University of Glasgow