 Castle / 273
272  |  274
Subject:
4x2ReVu: 1794 Dragon Master Chariot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:21:00 GMT

Forces of the Black Dragon army flow and flood down the hillside toward the
Mertis Castle.  A relentless mass of more than six hundred men followed by
dragon-faced catapults and the rolling cages of giant serpentine beasts waiting
to be freed to attack the stronghold proceed, while at the head of the
siege-furied army drives the chieftain chariot of the warlord, Henrik Draconis.

I'm basically a castle fan at heart and while I missed out on the chance of
picking up a 1723 value pack (of which 1794 is a part) when they were
available, I luckily picked one up from a fellow collector once I had
discovered what I missed out on.
The Dragon Masters is one of the cooler castle sub-themes to come out in the
past few years and the 1794 is a great (if not somewhat overlooked) addition to
that sub-theme.  As a matter of fact, I believe it is the ONLY chariot model to
be released by the Lego Group to date (a BIG incentive for fans like me too
lazy to make their own).  Being a chariot, it is a very simple model of a
semi-enclosed standing platform attached to a harness for a horse.  A standing
halberd stands at each side of the platform and the hinged braces that hold
these can stand up to secure the driver or be laid prone to do a killer job of
mowing the grass (or other unwanted pests).  A dragon master mask adorns the
horse's head and adds to the character of the chariot.
Included minifig is a Dragon Master with alternating colored sleeves and pants,
and an ornate helmet.  He is armed with a short sword and whip.
There are no particularly unique pieces with the set, it is impressive in its
simplicity and in my opinion is a must-have for castle collectors.

!!!4x2ReVu Stats!!!
Rating: Seven out of eight studs.
Thumbs up for: A very cool, alternate medieval mode of transportation that
enhances an already-neat sub-theme.
Wallet-Wise: I think the combination package (1723) was originally between
$6.00 and $8.00 for 67 pieces.  The 1794 Chariot set itself includes 34 pieces.
Original review date: 5/4/98