 Castle / 258
Re: Ideas for a court jester?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:33:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Rick Kurtzuba writes:
I find it disappointing that we never saw a court jester minifig.  I've got an
idea for one, though, and I was wondering if any of you had your own jester
ideas.

For the head I used one of the white-faced Islanders with red cheeks.  But the
most important part is the hat!  I used a black 1x1 brick with studs on all
four sides (plus the top, of course).  Then I attached one of those small,
floppy switch/lever/antenna pieces (all white) to each of the four side studs.
(You guys know what pieces I'm talking about?  I'm not sure if they have a
commonly recognized name or not.)  It's not as good as a real hat piece would
have been, but it's pretty convincing.  The little nubs on the ends of the
antennae work well as the bells that are always on the ends of those floppy
hats.  I'm not sure what torso to use for the jester, though.

Any thoughts?

Rick Kurtzuba

rick ~
your hat idea sounds intriguing. are you refering to the curved pieces with 1x
plates off the side? i'd add some yellow 1x round plates for the bells!

i've created a jester using the same head. see it at my craigo lego site, (it's
about half way down the first page).

http://community-1.webtv.net/anonymouseye/craigolego

if you enjoyed the sights, be sure to cast a vote for me in the clsotw honors.
i painted a chef's hat and used a red/ blue counter-change on the
(hand-painted) torso and counter-changed arms & legs. sounds like you're going
with a black & white scheme...

later ~ craig