 General / 8976
Re: Ideas for a court jester?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 23:06:42 GMT

   I looked through my pieces for a red 1x1 brick with studs on all 4 sides,
but didn't find one.  Were such pieces ever produced?  I thought they were.
No one in .castle seems to have an answer, so maybe others can help??

--
   Have fun!
   John
Stu C. <9404660c@student.gla.ac.uk> wrote in message ...
In lugnet.castle, Rick Kurtzuba writes:
I find it disappointing that we never saw a court jester minifig.  I've • got an
idea for one, though, and I was wondering if any of you had your own • jester
ideas.

For the head I used one of the white-faced Islanders with red cheeks.  But • the
most important part is the hat!  I used a black 1x1 brick with studs on • all
four sides (plus the top, of course).  Then I attached one of those small,
floppy switch/lever/antenna pieces (all white) to each of the four side • studs.
(You guys know what pieces I'm talking about?  I'm not sure if they have • a
commonly recognized name or not.)  It's not as good as a real hat piece • would
have been, but it's pretty convincing.  The little nubs on the ends of the
antennae work well as the bells that are always on the ends of those • floppy
hats.  I'm not sure what torso to use for the jester, though.

Any thoughts?

Rick Kurtzuba

Well, since most people would admit that a jester should have a checked • top,
why not use the Royal King's torso? Then use an alternation of red and • white
arms, hands, and legs, with a black belt, and whatever hat you like (your • idea
is good, but can you get those 1x1 bricks in red? I'm just thinking of • colour
schemes... white sockets and yellow antennae would look good too).
Of course, then you have the problem of getting a different torso for your
king, but most of the Star Wars or Pirate tops would probably work.

Stu C.
University of Glasgow