 Castle / 2720 (+20)
  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

(...) i mutually saw fit to continue privately. :-) jeff honors me with his patience and cooperation. his (sometimes harsh) criticism keeps me on my toes, and is as an important contribution to Castle World as shiri's faith, wisdom, and constant (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Hats

(...) Someone would have to figure out how to make a LEGO goat-drawn chariot. Really. Those wacky Norsemen had some "interesting" ideas. Eric "the" Lind (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western)

  Re: Viking Hats

Wouldn't a viking theme be based on the Viking Mythos anyway? I mean, there were no dragons in medieval times either, but I gots ta have my dragon in my castle set. Even the pirates are kind of archetypical, based more on Errol Flynn movies than the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western)

  Re: Viking Hats

(...) Aaah, but you see, I was quibbling. I'd make Vikings horned, too. Interesting note, Viking Voyager didn't have horns (URL) This is another set I loved as a kid. I'm sure I still have it... somewhere. Eric "the" Lind (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western)

  Re: Viking Hats

(...) Interesting (...) I think TLG could do a first rate job on a Viking theme. Large Viking boat Viknig fiord village or even attaking an English village(understanding they were not English but really Saxons at that time) Maybe even get into the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western)

  Re: [CW][OT-FUN] sound tracks (was: Casting Castle World)

(...) I HIGHLY agree... on an HTML note, I find that you can always tell who's the newbie web programmer because they often try to use all the cool tricks they can think of: midi files, animated gifs, java applets, funky frame layouts, etc... All (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

(...) and (...) I (and others) need to be careful about what we write, because it may not seem harsh at the time of writing. (...) "...a three hour tour..." :) *fwap* *fwap* *fwap* Okay, okay! I'll stop quoting annoying songs! :) (...) Yeah, me too! (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Hats

(...) I always wanted that set... :( (...) Yes, it would be cool. I'd kinda like to see more rotation of Castle themes, so we can get other cultures in our lands. :) I now actually think Ninja was a good thing, and I'd like to see it make another (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western)

  Re: Viking Hats

(...) Come to think of it, I may not have had it, only building detailed copies. I've never found the instructions for it, and I always saved those. Drat! (...) I agree! I disliked the Fright Knights (hokey, IMHO), but I like the other cultural (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Hats

(...) was (...) theme. (...) happen. Varangian guard, Kataphracts and Kontos: I'd like 'em, but somehow it doesn't seem to be the most recognizable theme to pick. (...) are (...) Sigh, I suspect you are right. Those pesky Danish raiders were often (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Hats

(...) The much reviled bat-wing helmet isn't too far off of some viking helmets if you slice off the bat wings. I intend to perform some further surgery on a few of these to see what I can come up with. Bruce (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Hats

(...) dark-grey hand, the brown-ish/red-ish bearded face from Western/Castle/Pirates, and some red hippy-hair, and you're in business! Steve (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Informal review of 6038: Wolfpack Renegades

(...) Oh, come on, Jeff! Shiri didn't say anything *that* frightening! Steve (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: HawkLord has an update

(...) I bet your female masters have some complaints for you. Steve (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: HawkLord has an update

(...) LOL! I agree, I'd love to participate in your game but if I would I'd have some trouble - one of my Big Five magicians is actually a sorceress... -Shiri (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  RE: Vikings

(...) Maybe you can paint the fright knights white that kind of looks like the Helmet Thor has in marvel comics anyways my recipe for Thor(Marvel Version) is: 1. Painted white Fright nights helm 2. black knights head (the guy with the red mustache) (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

(...) Yeah, just make sure it's constructive criticsm! (Gosh, I hate how that sounds in English...) (...) Thanks! I can't help sticking in some wise-cracks here and there, in real life I don't get much chances to shine... I'm normally overlooked as (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings

(...) How about the (Trans-Cyan) Light Sabre Blade?... Franklin (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings

(...) Hmm... off-topic, I now, but which sets does this appear in? I know there are SW fans over here so could you please tell me, or alternatively make a trade offer? I want one of these (with a handle preferably) to make a better blue staff for (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings

(...) You can get one the the $6 landspeeder set. Obi-wan and Luke make good peasants too. -Lord Insanity "A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men" Visit me at: (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact