 Castle / 2672
Re: Viking Hats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:34:31 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Alan Gerber writes:
For Viking hats with horns, you could use those wild west Native American • hats
with horns.

That was the first and only thing that came to my mind while looking at those
hats ;-)
But I don't 'do' Vikings :-)

Not to quibble... I lied, I am quibbling... Vikings didn't have horns on their
helmets.  It's a myth, propogated by Wagnerian operas.  Or the Pork Industry.
A "realistic" LEGO Viking helmet would be more in line with the archer/spearman
type helmets from older sets, I think (1).

Eric "the 1/4 Swedish person" Lind

(1) I am by no means an expert on this, but most of my reading supports the
non-horned Viking helmet position (2).

(2) Not to be confused with the lotus position or the fetal position.