 Castle / 2385 (+10)
  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) realm being 512 by 512, I thought that was 512 32x32 baseplates by 512 32x32 baseplates, not 16 32x32 baseplates by 16 32x32 baseplates. This would be several orders of magnitude more space, and more realistically represent continent-sized (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) yes, sort of another spoiler, then. what better field of play than a chessboard? every other square is a realm. all realms are connected on a diagonal. (also the routes used for RDP's!) the in between squares are NB, standing for Natural (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

Craig, I'm sure I speak for the rest of us when I say that we all greatly appreciate the work you're doing with Castle World: the time and thought you're putting into this is one of the concrete reasons this will work out at all. I believe that (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes: the in between squares are NB, standing for Natural Boundary/ (...) It also makes it work a lot like a game of Go. (...) Hey, who said the lives of Gods were easy? :P (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) thank you, so much, jason! this is the perfect reasoning we need. if you look back into the original CW posts, pawel originally mentioned mapping the world on a grid of 4x4, to which shiri responded 4x4 _what_? what indeed. it doesn't matter. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Pawel and Craig - please clear up this confusion!

(...) er.. i take this back. it seems not ludicrous at all, anymore. i'm all for 128x128 now. 8-P ~ c~ (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  thanks, todd!

i just wanted to publicly thank todd for the flattering addition of the Castle World link to the .castle group links and resource section. i've often wondered what the early days of lugnet were like. i've even managed to dig up some pretty old (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Map

(...) excellent! please leave this up for a while so i can refer to it. rather than one realm, however, consider this spread over several realms, making it proportionatly the size of the country it needs to be. the realms really won't be that (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Let's say I wanted a sprawling castle, but I don't have enough bricks to build it. I could build a non-minifig scaled structure, and then use sets for the inside, yes? (...) I guess my point was that a model shouldn't *have* to be a structure. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) sets ARE models, without a doubt. a perfect solution for those of us with smaller colections, but also an invaluable balladeer tool. i'm a big fan of the set aproach. it's perfect for relating ballads that occur in the non structure areas of a (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact