 Castle / 21500 (-20)
  Castle and other Historical at BrickFest™ PDX 2007 (March 30th-April 1st)

(URL) Here we go again in Portland! Just over 2 months till (URL) PDX 2007!!> Frank Filz, Brendan Mauro, and I are coordinating the Castle display along with other Historical (Pirate, Adventurers, Wild West, etc.). We’ve got plenty of room in (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.western, lugnet.build.ancient, FTX) !!

  Faviourite MOCs of 06?

I saw the space recollection entry on TBB and thought a castle summary would be great as well. So please post your faviourite(s) MOC(s) from 06 (and name the builder if possible)... So here are mine: (pics are links, (aliases) are CC usernames) (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: When the Kraken Awakes

Welcome to your world! This is an amazing MOC. Full of great features and yet pleasing as a whole. There is so much to like here I don't know where to start. All the dwarves' devices are wonderful (ballista, elevation device, stairs, etc). The ship (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Chocdelia and the Chocolate Factory

(...) LOL! Now there's someone who's sensible about choosing food groups! I love the overall design and approach. A suggestion, however, would be to try to capture more curvature along the dragon's back. Right now, the spine feels a little rigid and (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Chocdelia and the Chocolate Factory

Hello everyone! Fresh from her debut at a 1000 Stiene event in Frechen, Germany. Here is the 5th Podagon: CHOCODELIA (2 URLs) One day as Chocodelia the Podagon was exploring, she happened upon a Chocolate Factory. “What a perfect spot to rest!” So (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX) !

  Re: When the Kraken Awakes

Dee-licious, Paul. Makes me want to run right down to the local sushi restaurant. Very scary and wriggly. On the kraken head, it looks like you stacked plates with a constant step size. This does tend to make it look a little pyramid-y. As you model (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  When the Kraken Awakes

Hello Legomaniacs! After seeing the Pirates of the Caribbean last summer, I decided to try my hand at a giant Kraken. Not having pirate lego at all, and an over abundance of Vikings, Dwarves and Centaurs, I decided to let it all go wild! Woot! (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  French Toy Fair 2007 : pictures !

Hi, FreeLUG members were to the french Toy Fair. We wrote an article (in french) on our website (URL) Among the new sets, we can spotlight : the new electrical system with IR remote control, for the Technic bulldozer and the Creator Dino. The (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.year.2007, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !!

  Re: Sequoia of Secrets

(...) Hi Nathan! Well thank you very much for the compliments and cross-posting! I would have loved to have some forestmen in there-BUT I've not got any-so had to make do w/ what I had! I just got back from a 1000 Stiene event-and the response was (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Sequoia of Secrets

As I've said elsewhere this is a really nice MOC! I love the scale of the tree and the figs are well done (though I miss the traditional forestmen...). I am cross-posting this to .castle as it seems very relevant ; ) Thanks for sharing and God (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  BrickFest PDX '07 Registration Open

(2 URLs) BrickFest PDX ’07 Registration is now open! We had a great pre-registration period waiting for the new year to click over and now you can register at (URL). Also the Red Lion hotel at the Convention Center is taking phone reservations for (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: New castle line

(...) No, not at all just you. The concept of the undead (and witchery etc.) has come up as a complaint with regularity in discussing the Harry Potter books and I read this statement as being along the same lines. (...) The castle line has always (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New castle line

(...) Sorry, thought that the 'my other complaints are' disclaimer made it clear that these were my views... I assume that by 'small minority of religious groups' you mean me ; ) Personally it doesn't cross my family policy (not sure if I have one). (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New castle line

(...) Hi Nathan, I have to say I have a really hard time seeing how the undead differ in any way from Lego's family policy. It seems you are equating the family policy of a small minority of religious groups with general family policy. Usually I (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Contest Entries. Mongolians and a Troll.

The mongols' hit and run tactics are working well... I also like the peasant in the corner. Thanks for sharing and God Bless, Nathan (URL) (18 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New castle line

(...) Well now I have an excuse to rant about the new castle line ; ) I really don't like the direction Lego is going in. Besides the obvious (bley) my other complaints are: Undead? This seems a little different from lego's normal family policy... (...) (18 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  New Contest Entries. Mongolians and a Troll.

These are last minute entries in this contest (URL) here.> Pictures are (URL) here> once moderated. The first is a Battle scene featuring a mongolian army. The second is a Troll Demon. Comments, questions, flames? -Mike Petrucelli (18 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New castle line

(...) (URL) Classic-castle.com> Tim (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  New castle line

I'm actually pretty saddened that an entire new castle line is introduced and Lugnet doesn't have a single post on it, whereas there are pages of stuff elsewhere. Geez, what happened to this forum? (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle)

  The First Yule

Holiday Greetings! For your seasonal pleasure... (Follow links after moderation of the entire folder to get the whole story...) (2 URLs) ...A little behind the scenes commentary: It's funny what you can do with a big box of white brick, a bunch of (...) (18 years ago, 21-Dec-06, to lugnet.vikings, lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact