 Castle / 21495
Re: When the Kraken Awakes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 07:04:05 GMT

Dee-licious, Paul. Makes me want to run right down to the local sushi restaurant. Very scary and wriggly.

On the kraken head, it looks like you stacked plates with a constant step size. This does tend to make it look a little pyramid-y. As you model more, try fidgeting around a bit with step height and tread depth: taller steps at the bottom, and deeper ones at the top. You’ll be surprised how round our favorite square medium can look.

Just some food for thought. It looks great!

-Teddy

p.s. Don’t you hate it when those damned Viking horns get caught in your throat? Best to remove the helmets first, I suppose.