 Castle / 1972
  A mill?

Following Eric's suit, I'm thinking of building a mill for the town... Actually, I'm just planning on building another larger building. My problem with building houses is that after building 7 houses (5 in white w/ black trim), I've nearly RUN OUT (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A mill?

I was thinking about this too ... it's ripe for some beautiful creativity. Two types of mills I can think of: 1) Wind-Powered Mill 2) Water-Powered Mill The first can be your standard Don-Quixote type, shaped more or less like a lighthouse with the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A mill?

Speaking of mills. I have discovered another use for those brown wing pieces in the Star Wars Droid Fighter Sets. Windmill blades. The cool thing is that on a good, freely spinning hub/axle they actually work. When you blow on them the blades spin. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A mill?

(...) still (...) So (...) provide (...) Hi Dave, I've seen a few water-powered mills in my life. I'm trying to remember (one doesn't often remember second-grade field trips :-) what they looked like and how they worked. Would you want them to be (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A mill?

(...) Ideas (...) You know what would make GREAT looking 'water' going over the wheel at your mill? Those new clear blue cylinders in the Gungan set. Just a thought, Kevin (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A mill?

There are a couple of samples of medieval engineering in Idea Book 250, here and following pages: (URL) simple, but a place to start. Since I saw this, I've been fooling around with a way to make a big wheel (maybe 8-12 studs across) that would turn (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A mill?

(...) turn (...) Edited for space There were 2 common types of water mills. The undershot type were used in the river and used the current to turn the wheel. Overshot wheels used some kind of aqueduct to feed the water in from the top. Generally a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A mill?