 Castle / 17558
Re: A cry for help !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:44:09 GMT

I'm not usually interested in the stories.  I like viewing the pictures.
Using my slanted opinion to give advice, I would recommend doing everything
in a comic book style.  Put the dialog in the pictures!

-Aaron

"Joey Finnell" <punx842003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hi all

I was hoping that some of you could maybe give me a few pointers on what I
should do to improve my poor writing skills, I feel that I need to improve
before I go any farther in illustrating my story so any help you guys can • give
me on this subject would be greatly appriciated, thanx in advance. heres a
sample of my writing:

As dawn broke, the land seemed very quiet, not much was heard except for a • soft
roar of a near by waterfall. It had been several days since our travelers • had
seen any sign of goblin activity. Several moments later Nevfang's scouting • hawk
flew in from a night of watching over the landscape. "{|My dear friend • what is
it?|} " asked Nevfang looking up at the bird. Then as if understanding the • hawks
every word Nevfang looked to a hill side very far away. Focusing on a • couple of
trees he spotted a small group of goblins who were at closest 1500 yards • in the
distance. Then in an instant the hill side became covered with goblins.

"{|Oh No........|}" whispered the elf in fear as he rushed to his • companions to
warn them of the danger which seemed to be pouring down the hill.

"{|Victor, Eric, Mudd, Malak...|}" Nevfang shouted running into camp.

"{|What's the matter?|} " asked Victor who had risen to his feet.

"{|...Goblins,|}" Nevfang stated, "{|At the top of the hill....|}"

"{|Well alright then|}" said Mudd interrupting his elf friend, "{|Let us • kill
some goblins shall we?|} " he continued as he unsheathed his sword.

"{|Oh.....really, do you plan to take on the intire goblin force by • yourself?|}
"  ask Nevfang looking at his friend as if he were ignorant.

"{|Well since you put it that way, I'm up for suggestions.|}" replied Mudd
sheathing his sword and leaning against his 3 headed hound.

"{|We haven't got many other options...|}" stated Victor looking up • towards the
hill.

"{|I'll stand by you until the very end my brother.|}" said Malak bravely
placing his hand on Victor's shoulder.

"{|Greatly out numbered huh?|} " Mudd responded quickly "{|Count me in, I • always
did love a good challange.|}"

"{|What say you Eric?|} " asked Victor turning to his friend who had been
meditating on a rock, without the slightest movement.

"{|Well.....|}", as the wizard began to speak he vanished, then without • warning
reappeared next to victor and continued to speak, "{|I could never leave • my
companions behind.|}"

"{|You humans are insane...|}", Nevfang paused looking up at the hill. • "{|But
you have alot of spirit...|}"

"{|Shall we then?|} " asked Malak.

"{|Yes, lets hunt some goblins....|}" grinned Victor.