 Castle / 17475
    A cry for help ! —Joey Finnell
   Hi all I was hoping that some of you could maybe give me a few pointers on what I should do to improve my poor writing skills, I feel that I need to improve before I go any farther in illustrating my story so any help you guys can give me on this (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

        Re: A cry for help ! —Matt Hein
     (...) Well, a few months ago, I experienced some similar problems with writing, so you might find the below thread useful: (URL) snipped> So far, it's looking decent, but in my personal bias, it seems a bit Tolkeinesque (with three headed dogs, (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

        Re: A cry for help ! —Dan Thompson
     (...) I edited your first pargraph, into what I thought sounded "smoother" and richer sounded. As a fiery dawn broke, the land seemed too quiet. Little was to be heard save for the soft roar of a near by waterfall. It had been several days since our (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

        Re: A cry for help ! —Alan Findlay
     (...) Dan did a better job on the intro than I could, so here's my suggestions for the dialogue portion... Alan +++...+++ “Oh No........” whispered the elf in fear. He rushed to his companions to warn them of the danger cascading down the hill. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: A cry for help ! —Tony Alexander
     Joey, It looks like you've created the start of an interesting story line. Please don't berate yourself for "poor writing skills". Everyone starts somewhere, and the fact that you've asked for help shows that you're interested in developing the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: A cry for help ! —Aaron Muhl
     I'm not usually interested in the stories. I like viewing the pictures. Using my slanted opinion to give advice, I would recommend doing everything in a comic book style. Put the dialog in the pictures! -Aaron "Joey Finnell" <punx842003@yahoo.com> (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: A cry for help ! —Joey Finnell
   I really appreciate all the help I've gotten on this. I've taken alot of what you guys suggested into consideration. I hope to have this story done by the end of August, but can't be for sure because life does get in the way. Well until I have (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)