 Castle / 17461
Re: crusader keep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:54:02 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kai Gerkens wrote:
Hi,

very nice keep ! :)
aaaaaannd - yes - it's a crusaders keep - they are m favorite "keepholder",
too.

they are my favorite castle branch also! you just cant get any better, they have
this classic feel them.

I like the very high contruction of the keep, so the knights have the
authentic size.
And especially the round towers are great !

thank you! i had always wanted to build a tall castle, because the real things
were quite tall. the round towers were an afterthought, and the supports for
them are kind of ratty, but they work, and i think they give the tower a more
authentic feel, as castles were built over time, and those towers appeared later
than when the castle started, so when they finally got to the top of the tower,
they incorporated the newest building features of the time.

thnx for sharing a new crusaders - keep !

it is my pleasure!

thanks!
steve

Kai