 Castle / 1745
Re: Teeny shack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:26:56 GMT

KBKids.com also has one of the Wild West sets on sale.

David Eaton wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/shackfront.jpg
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/shackback.jpg
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/shackside.jpg
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/shackinside.jpg

Dave the "shack" looks great.  Is this supposed to be a "home" or just a
shack/chicken coop?  If it is a home is there any way to give them at least
one window?  I realise it is tough seeing the bricks you are trying to work
with but even peasant's need a little daylight :-).

I thought about this briefly-- after all I do have one brown window which would
look great... I think the thing I most wanted are brown shutters, though...
having them red or blue or yellow or white just didn't quite look right. (The
other reason I didn't include a window (well, rationalization really) is to
help hide the gloriously hideous interior :) I might try some 2x3 or 2x4 brown
bricks and prop them up somehow as shutters...

I wouldn't worry too much about shutters. If they had them, it would
probably be more like a board which swung down from above. I also
wouldn't make the window larger than 2x2 or so (if so, a 2x3 plate on a
set of hinge plates would make a nice shutter).

The other thing I was thinking about is a small stone chimney coming out one
side, wider at the base to make it give the appearance of an inner fireplace...
Another thing I want to find is a good way of representing a thatched roof...
the brown plates work ok, but that's another thing I don't have in quantity :(

Tan or yellow would work well for thatch.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com