 Castle / 1743
Re: Teeny shack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:51:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/shackfront.jpg
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/shackback.jpg
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/shackside.jpg
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/shackinside.jpg

Dave the "shack" looks great.  Is this supposed to be a "home" or just a
shack/chicken coop?  If it is a home is there any way to give them at least
one window?  I realise it is tough seeing the bricks you are trying to work
with but even peasant's need a little daylight :-).

I thought about this briefly-- after all I do have one brown window which
would look great... I think the thing I most wanted are brown shutters,
though... having them red or blue or yellow or white just didn't quite look
right. (The other reason I didn't include a window (well, rationalization
really) is to help hide the gloriously hideous interior :) I might try some
2x3 or 2x4 brown bricks and prop them up somehow as shutters...

Just a thought but who says that peasants need shutters?  Maybe they are to
poor to afford them?  Then again maybe they are to poor to afford a window.
Maybe we could justify it by having a "window tax" making it cost prohibative
for the peasants to afford windows.  But if that were the case my Inn would be
hurting with 74 total windows.  Ouch!

As far as the interior goes it is a little off but one thing I think I noticed
was you used one of the 6x3 brown tail pieces from 7104 - Desert Skiff in the
wall.

I actually think that positioned correctly this makes for a good table along
the wall.  So maybe at least for that piece it can serve 2 purposes.  I would
not really worry about the hidious interior that much anyway at least for the
TCS window display.  I doubt anyone will be able to see in our building windows
anyway.

The other thing I was thinking about is a small stone chimney coming out one
side, wider at the base to make it give the appearance of an inner
fireplace... Another thing I want to find is a good way of representing a
thatched roof... the brown plates work ok, but that's another thing I don't
have in quantity :(

The chimney would be cool.  I did something similar on my Blacksmiths shop in
my market.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/castle/images/marketbs1.jpg
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/castle/images/marketbs2.jpg

If nothing else you can use a more common color an posibly replace a small part
of your wall to more effectively distribute your pieces.

Anyway I really love the "shack" no matter what you decide to do with it.  I
may, for kicks, just try and see what I can do with my brown and tan.

<snip>

Actually, I've noticed that my dark grey collection is a lot higher than I
would have expected...

The USS Tan & DkGray didn't hurt either ;-).

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: