 Castle / 17428
  crusader keep

hello all, i would like to add to the castle community by putting up for scrutiny my new crusader keep. (URL) is my second attempt at a castle, and far more satisfying than my first one let me tell you, i am quite happy with the way it turned (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: crusader keep

(...) Hey Steve, Let me first say that I am very impressed. For a second attempt, you've far exceeded any castle I've ever done. Does the castle have a functional interior, or is it just a shell? Either way, great job! In fact, I've been looking to (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: crusader keep

Hi Steve! Hey, this keep looks really good! I like the use of mainly standard bricks and just few of these castle wall molded parts. I also like the several levels that are stairlike arranged, and the mix in the over-all design that is halfway (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: crusader keep

Very cool keep. It looks very intimidating, especially from far away. Now if you really want to impress, have it open up..... -Aaron "stephen rowe" <ratmfan@att.net> wrote in message news:HHvDrH.1LLL@lugnet.com... (...) one (...) really (...) but i (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: crusader keep

(...) please, please take any inspiration from my design you can! i got inspiration for many of the other .castler's creations, so i am glad that i could give back to the .castle community. :-) well, currently it is just a shell, i am still (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: crusader keep

(...) thank you! (...) yeah, if only. it is empty inside, because i dont have enough parts to build an interior, but that is hopefully down the road! thanks steve (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: crusader keep

(...) i'll tell you what, the best way to go about getting the "unplanned" look of real castles, is to actually start building without a plan! ;-) in reality, i didnt have a real idea of exactly what i wanted it to look like, i only knew i wanted a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: crusader keep

Hi Steve, Very nice castle! I really like the randomness of it. Looks like it slowly spread due to additions. Great feel and look. One critique, the bottoms of the jutting out towers look a bit rough. I can't think how to do it better, but I may go (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: crusader keep

(...) Very Nice! I love the various levels look to it and overall the imposing height. A great construction. Any interior? God Bless, Nathan (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: crusader keep

Hi, very nice keep ! :) aaaaaannd - yes - it's a crusaders keep - they are m favorite "keepholder", too. I like the very high contruction of the keep, so the knights have the authentic size. And especially the round towers are great ! thnx for (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: crusader keep

(...) they are my favorite castle branch also! you just cant get any better, they have this classic feel them. (...) thank you! i had always wanted to build a tall castle, because the real things were quite tall. the round towers were an (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: crusader keep

(...) Hey Steve, It is great,although it might look better if it wasn't all grey. Later, Joshua (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)