 Castle / 16799
Re: Medieval Marketplace Town Square (with 20 shops)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 15:19:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:

  I hate to whine but the pictures really turned out terrible
compared to the actual effect, but hey. The whole thing was built
in a hotel in under a week, out of about 6 shoeboxes. Then I found
I had to leave early so all I could do was snap some pics between >demolishings.

For under a week, your layout doesn't look bad, (it would
take my a few months of bricklink orders to take on an
endeavor such as that) but I really think it could use a bit
more in terms in keeping all of the colors pretty much
natural, since in my opinion, schemes of two to three colors
instead of four or so work out as most effective. (Note:
the previous comment applies to only a small number of
marketplace buildings. Most of the others appear perfectly
fine.)

I'll just highlight on a few scenes I enjoyed.

This perfectly captures the business laden alleyway
in possibly every aspect I can imagine...building
protrusions, foliage, and merchants hawking their goods.

Another nice alleyway scene...I'm guessing this is between
one of the more affleuent shops in the district.

Quite a nice town square design, actually...

   Please tell me what you think,

My apologies if I snipped a lot of detail out. At the
moment, I only have a few minutes to type this out.

Overall, the design pretty much caught my eye and gave
me a great deal of ideas as how to plan out a future
project, hopefully within the scope of months. It looks
great by far, but I wonder if you plan to construct
a second marketplace and make improvements?

             God Bless,

And god bless as well.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
also known as O s p r e y (the ocean wind hawk)

http://www.lugnet.com/~1112/Creations/