 Castle / 16794
Re: Medieval Marketplace Town Square (with 20 shops)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 00:30:38 GMT

   Hi,

In lugnet.castle, Josh Wedin writes:
Wow, Nathan, that is quite impressive.  I understand about the pictures.
Anytime I take pics of my layouts, they aren't as good as seeing it in
person.  I like your snippets of life, I try to do those as well.  In my
market layout I have a guy getting robbed behind one of the buildings and
other things like that.

      Thanks. I forgot to mention the man robbing/with undefined motives
climbing the silver shop. And I'll get better at the pics...

About the shops.  I like the boat builder a lot and
your fountain.  I also liked seeing your stocks.  I have been thinking of
some for a while.  I don't know why I didn't think of a 1x4 technic beam, it
is perfect!

      I really liked the boat builder (figures). It is a unique marketplace
size only possible in my town square specs. (The town Square still fits 8
normal marketplace streets quite well, as you see in the pics.)
      The fountain took a while but in the end I liked it although you have
to see it in context to get that it's water : )
      I will admit I am proud of the stocks (and the apple scene). I wonder
if the pieces exist to do it in brown?

Good Job,
Josh

         Thanks and God Bless,

                 Nathan

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:
      Hi all,

          Here is my largest marketplace layout to date. 20 shops on 32
16x16 lots :

  I hate to whine but the pictures really turned out terrible compared to
the actual effect, but hey. The whole thing was built in a hotel in under a
week, out of about 6 shoeboxes. Then I found I had to leave early so all I
could do was snap some pics between demolishings.
  One more note. I tried to add some interesting life snippets eg The man
getting hit by the apple intended for the stocks, the princess and
bodyguards, the 'plank accident', and the escaping convict....  Let me know
what you think.
      For those who want to see any building by itself you can see all of
them (I think) here: