 Castle / 16795
Re: Medieval Marketplace Town Square (with 20 shops)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 00:47:07 GMT

      Hi,

In lugnet.castle, Nick Oranzi writes:
In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:
      Hi all,

          Here is my largest marketplace layout to date. 20 shops on 32
16x16 lots :

I definetely have the same problem with my pictures.

      Pics seem to suit an individule MOC better then a cluster unless you
get the lighting just right (not my speciality).

YOur layout is quite nice.  I especially enjoy how each building looks very
unique.  My favorites were the boat builder and the map maker.  Tragically
iguess we wont be able to get any interior pics except for the one for the
map maker.

      Almost all the interior pics are online (except the shops that are see
through anyway), in this folder:

      I was just too tired to do links to front and back, Sorry!

----- Whole seperate post : )

On a seperate note, when you bring 6 shoeboxes to a hotel, how do you decide
which pieces to bring and what kind of pieces?  I was going to bring some on
a trip but i could not decide what to bring to have the most fun.

    Well..........

        My situation is unique in that I'm moving. So I was trying to get
the maximum amount of lego into my cases anyway : ) .
        But if there's any help in this here it is,

- I went through my pieces before the trip and sorted out 'priority evac'
pieces (all the ones I use a lot eg green, roof bricks, logs, all plants and
scenery pieces etc.)
  Then I took as many as I could shove in a case. It worked great this trip
because it was my second trip down and most of my priority evac pieces were
there all ready (I didn't have access to them for this layout) so I was left
with a more random assortment. Last time I had tons of great pieces and not
a 1x2 in sight :)
   The best thing to do is fill about 3/4 of your space with specialty
pieces you use a lot of, and then top up to overflowing with basic bricks
(the 1200 piece tub works great for this). That way you have a workable
assortment. I went too specialty the first time and too basic the second and
now I have hardly any lego left to bring down.
   What you do want (for a marketplace). Logs, roof bricks, sellable items
for the strores, a quantity of plates (I ran out), strategic colour
(depending on the roofs you bring), doors, and then a lot of basic.

      Anyway there it is...

Great job on the layout.

-Nick

        Thanks for your feedback and God Bless You,

                Nathan