 Castle / 16331
Re: The New and slightly Animated movie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:11:53 GMT

DAS UBER-COOL! • <snip>
2. the spell (i think its a spell) that garadaine uses at the end looks a
little cut-out. i think using a gaussian blur with a low radius could help • make
it look more believable.

Harder to change.  In order for it to be a round object with a transparent
background, I have to have the image of the spell be in .gif format.  I have
yet to figure out how to do a blurr effect with mixing transparent pixels with
images yet in Flash, or effectively in Photoshop, while keeping the • transparent
pixels transparent (as a .gif.  .jpg images cannot, to my knowledge, have
transparent pixels).

ahh.. i understand. i don't think you can blur a gif and still have it look
cool.  maybe, since this is an animation, you could imply a blur.  like make a
swirl shape (think like the milky way galaxy), and in each frame move it
about (rotating).  when he casts the spell you could then move the 'arms'
outward (so it looks like a star).

i know what i'm saying is a bunch more work than you've done already, but just
an idea to help with future projects.

<snip>
;)  In all seriousness I've thought about it.  As for wether or not I actually
do it, I haven't made up my mind.  It'd be neat, but very hard and time
consuming to do.  Beleive me, I've thought long and hard about it.  If I did
create an animated story chapter, It'd most likely be in the form of a comic
strip, with animated cells.

Now that I'm working on my 2nd story, and how my wife is constantly complain
that I love the computer more than her, I understand the time constraints.
Just something full length, like 15 minutes or so, would just be SOO COOL.  I
know if I were to do something like this, it would definately be a one-time
thing.

I don't think doing a chapter would quite be appropriate.  Maybe like some
small adventure Garadaine gets involved in before the beginning of Chaos Skies,
or something along that line.

<snip>
Thanks again Lenny!  You've consiseantly been one of my biggest fans.  I hope
in the future I won't disappoint.

I doubt you will.  I try to support whatever projects I see as exciting and
innovative.  For a while I was starting to turn my back on castle (for reason
unsaid here), and in part, your creations/story/projects helped show me just
how fun castle could be again.

-lenny