 Castle / 16291
Re: The New and slightly Animated movie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:27:25 GMT

OOOHHH!!!
That was cool!
Tre cool!
Super cool!
DAS UBER-COOL!

Easily one of the best animations I've seen, even without stop-motion
animation.  Actually, probably even better without it!  It has an 'anime' feel
to it, in how the movement is suggested rather than shown.  Stop-motion always
seems clunky and choppy to me, while what you've done here, while simplier, is
much more believeable.

criticism:
1. the sword 'swipes' could be just a hair longer on screen..
2. the spell (i think its a spell) that garadaine uses at the end looks a
little cut-out. i think using a gaussian blur with a low radius could help make
it look more believable.

but that's it. the animation is tre-cool (see above) the wording is also cool.
you know, if you keep getting better at this, you're going to have to make an
*animated* story chapter!  i know it will be huge and totally destroy your
bandwidth usage, but whoa would it be AWESOME!  like a fifteen minute
mini-epic..

once again,
you've out done yourself!
-lenny

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
I say slightly animated because I didn't use stop motion.  What little
animation I did to my minifigs was done post-production in Photoshop and Flash.

So feel free to watch the new movie on my website.  Just follow the movie link
and then click on

"Garadaine's Movie"

And PLMKWYT.... but try to be gentle, hmm?

http://www.ozbricks.net/ikros/chaos.html

--Anthony