 Castle / 16234
Re: Castle side bar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:05:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Hietbrink writes:

I'll just snip from both posts here...

Highlighted MOC picture (rotated often)
Just to add to this, I'd put the recent MOC
picture at the top of the side bar (as with
the .space sidebar) rather than at the bottom
(as in the .trains sidebar) so as to make it
more immediately visually appealing (with
.trains you have to scroll down to see those).

I definitely had that in mind. The
only question now is whether to list
several images, or just one?

FAQ link

Yeah, I've got Cary Clark's castle FAQ
noted in the link section. (I think JP
Henderson suggested it earlier.)

Links
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/customview.cgi?include=Castle
(recent Brickshelf castle pics)

Perfect. I'll get that noted.

Medieval Marketplace link

Listed as well.

Castle World link

Keep castle world or CW "temp"?

Isle of Mist link

I'm not too sure why an IOM link would be
needed if the project's defunct, but I
might include a link to the balladeer's
story page.

Personal pages (this would link to a seperate
page that had links to individual's websites
- just make an announcment asking people to
provide links to their own or others' castle-
related websites)

I don't want to load the sidebar up with
a bunch of links, so yes, I'll announce
a call for site addresses shortly.

Currently Available sets (this would link to a
seperate page that lists the currently available
sets with links to the Lugnet guide pages and
Shop @ Home)

Might need to be updated frequently, but
I might include a page to sets with very
useful castle parts as well.

Castle Sets (this would link to a seperate page
that includes the stuff currently in the castle
sidebar)

That's already noted, but if I find any
deals on the net for older sets, I'll be
sure to list them.

Should I include a useful part for the
month in .castle? How's about a weekly
set review? Archives for lost links and
images?

Hot discussion topics - Is there a way to do
this automatically using the same code that
puts highlighted topics up on the Lugnet front
page, but to only limit it to .castle posts?

I need this code- badly. Does anyone out
there have it at all? If so, please email
it to me.

Thanks!

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast