 Castle / 16235
Re: Castle side bar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:36:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes:

I definitely had that in mind. The
only question now is whether to list
several images, or just one?

I'd say one, but rotate often.

Isle of Mist link

I'm not too sure why an IOM link would be
needed if the project's defunct

Good point.

Personal pages (this would link to a seperate
page that had links to individual's websites
- just make an announcment asking people to
provide links to their own or others' castle-
related websites)

I don't want to load the sidebar up with
a bunch of links, so yes, I'll announce
a call for site addresses shortly.

I'd put personal pages on a second page for a couple of reasons.  First, as
you note, you don't want to have too many links on the initial sidebar.
Second, if you put some people's personal pages on the front page sidebar
and not others you have the problem of hurt feelings.  If you put all
personal pages on a second page you can just include any links people give you.

Might need to be updated frequently, but
I might include a page to sets with very
useful castle parts as well.

Good idea.  Of course, this can be a pretty large group.
Here's a post I made recently on castle-friendly sets in other themes:
http://pub124.ezboard.com/fthefbtbcommunityfrm7.showMessageRange?topicID=1533.topic&start=8&stop=20

Should I include a useful part for the
month in .castle?

I'd say no, personally.

How's about a weekly
set review?

That would be cool.

Archives for lost links and
images?

I'm not sure how workable this would be.

Bruce