 Castle / 16260
Re: Castle side bar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:46:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:

"Interesting Castle Related Discussion" to
seperate pages accessible by a link.

Until I find more bits of useful information, I'll
leave it. (but trust me, I'll probably encounter
those quickly.)

I think that will clean up the side bar a bit and
make it easier to understand and navigate. You could
make this look cool by adding a next graphic (i
imagine a lego sword with the words on it..
something neato.. i could make one if ya'll want,
just email me and ill get on it).

Not too many graphics, though. If you
could draw something up such as a banner
with text, then perhaps I'll use it.

4. Add something fun to the list, like
something monthly or weekly.  I recommended
a "Medieval Weapon of the Month", or maybe
a "Castle Minifig of the Month".  Something
that would generate creativity or be
interesting to Lego castle people.

I'm not too sure If I want to copy .space
or not for their interesting part use of
the month, but I have an idea. How's about
a weekly set review? Also, a small compendium
on interesting parts uses or ideas for
building would be great as well.

6. Maybe divide up Castle Resource Links and
Castle Personal Homepage links onto seperate
areas..  This would work well if you did the
recommendation on #2.

I'm keeping the main resources (like Frank's links
page and Cary Clark's FAQ up for convenient reference.)

But resources such as castle architecture,
construction techniques, historical locations,
cross sections, and other potpurri will be
arranged on a separate section as you suggested.

otherwise this looks very promising.  great
job you two!

Thanks for your imput! :)

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast