 Castle / 16095
Re: MOC: Jahmong Shrine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 23:48:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nick Oranzi writes:
I decided to do a little work in Yen-Chun and Sun-Hai's home country (read
my story if you don't know who they are) and as a result have finished the
Jahmong Shrine.
http://www.geocities.com/cheez11111/shrine
I did it in the style of chinese architecture since that is what i based
Jahmong from.  I haven't seen any lego work in this style and making the
roof was a great challange to get it to slope nicely.  IMO the roof turned
out well.  If anyone knows of any chinese style MOCs please let me know
since i think Yen and Sun will return home and i want to clean up the roof
design.  The chinese theme is so beautiful and largely untapped it seems (at
least until this summer's Orient expedition releases)

That's a cool little shrine; I especially like the fences-as-screens inside.
As to cleaning up the roofline; if you can't get your hands on the right
corner slopes, try just putting tile over the studs.

thanks,

James