 Castle / 16097
Re: MOC: Jahmong Shrine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 01:19:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nick Oranzi writes:
I decided to do a little work in Yen-Chun and Sun-Hai's home country (read
my story if you don't know who they are) and as a result have finished the
Jahmong Shrine.
http://www.geocities.com/cheez11111/shrine
I did it in the style of chinese architecture since that is what i based
Jahmong from.  I haven't seen any lego work in this style and making the
roof was a great challange to get it to slope nicely.  IMO the roof turned
out well.  If anyone knows of any chinese style MOCs please let me know
since i think Yen and Sun will return home and i want to clean up the roof
design.  The chinese theme is so beautiful and largely untapped it seems (at
least until this summer's Orient expedition releases)

Hey Nick.  That shrine is really cool.  A very experimental roof that turned
out pretty well, I think.  The fences as screens is also quite nice.  Question:
Who's the yellow statue inside?  You said Yen paid respects there.. is it an
ancestral shrine or something along those lines?

on the note of Oriental themed constructions:
KK Quah's beautiful japanese castles:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/kkqwebpage/main.htm

specifically KK's great wall of china:

Sun Yun's roof-less dojo:

also Keith Goldman's Japanese Fishing village
http://news.lugnet.com/castle/ninja/?n=283

Albeit, most of these are Japanese rather than Chinese, the two styles are
similiar.  I think it would be like seperating english castles from german
castles.. sure there's a difference, but its a petty one.

hope this helps.
also try searching in lugnet.castle.ninja
_lenny