 Castle / 16099
Re: MOC: Jahmong Shrine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 05:40:21 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nick Oranzi writes:
I decided to do a little work in Yen-Chun and Sun-Hai's home country (read
my story if you don't know who they are) and as a result have finished the
Jahmong Shrine.
http://www.geocities.com/cheez11111/shrine
I did it in the style of chinese architecture since that is what i based
Jahmong from.  I haven't seen any lego work in this style and making the
roof was a great challange to get it to slope nicely.  IMO the roof turned
out well.  If anyone knows of any chinese style MOCs please let me know
since i think Yen and Sun will return home and i want to clean up the roof
design.  The chinese theme is so beautiful and largely untapped it seems (at
least until this summer's Orient expedition releases)

-Nick

Wow!  Great architectual translation to Lego.  Excellent use of fence pieces as
screening--and those bug-eyed tigers/lions--dead on!  Maybe the diagonal hip
beams could be played around with or inset in the roof (as you say to "clean up
the roof") to avoid some 'set on top of' look, but I suspect that may be just a
Lego logistics issue.  Awesome work!

Jeff