 Castle / 16027
Re: Beyhadur: The Rising (1st Half)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:25:52 GMT

'Beyhadur' is actually more of a title than
a name, per se.  Think along the lines of
Warrior-Prophet.  There have been several
Beyhadurs in Olmish history, but few with
the importance of this one.  And there will
likely be more to come, but as Olman history
progresses towards modernity there will be less
prophets than before (much like Human history).

Is this story by any chance 'historical
fiction' of an event (or series thereof)
that occured millenia ago? Well, with your
olmish references, that's why I would
surmise.

Actually no, this is entirely fiction.  But thank you!  I am a history graduate
(Spring of '02, FSU), and so I have a lot of historical inspiration.  My hope
is to create something like a history of a people.  The Epic of the Beyhadur is
supposed to serve as the legendary myth that informs Olmish identity.  I also
try to see my stories as parts of the evolution of humanity from one thing
(ancient caveman) into another (whatever we're becoming).

again, problems with my font choice.
next story I do will definately pick
another font.  but I have problems
looking for one that is sufficiently
castle-like for my taste.  any ideas?

I believe Papyrus and Lucida Handwriting
are good candidates. Book Antigua works
for me as well...

I just found a site called fontfrenzy.com, or something like that, and they've
got lots of cool castley fonts available for download.  I think I'm going to do
a 'test' shot with different fonts and ask which are more readable than others.

I'm nearsighted, so I've developed the ability to read 'googly-mush', and most
bizarre fonts don't bother me at all.  the font I used for Beyhadur, the font
is called "keltic", I can read perfectly fine with no difficulty at all.

Thanks for the feedback in this manner.

_lenny