 Castle / 16020
Re: Beyhadur: The Rising (1st Half)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:54:39 GMT

"Beyhadur" is ancient Olmish for "The Hand of
God", and refers to God's Holy Warrior on
Earth, bearer of the mystical Durzein Sword.

If I wrote the story, I would have named the
main character 'Abu Sayyaf' (or Abu Saif)
'Bearer of the Sword', but all sounds well.

'Beyhadur' is actually more of a title than a name, per se.  Think along the
lines of Warrior-Prophet.  There have been several Beyhadurs in Olmish history,
but few with the importance of this one.  And there will likely be more to
come, but as Olman history progresses towards modernity there will be less
prophets than before (much like Human history).

heh heh.  Also my language of inspiration came more from a persian-turkic point
of view.  "bey" is something like a duke, a political rank.

Criticism is always welcome, even if it does
hurt a little.  Please don't let that stop you.

Well, my opinion wouldn't count the best when
it comes to photography [1] (because my camera
isn't up to par), but the photography would
use a little upgrade...

eeewww. looks at the photos now I can see your point.  Now the secret is out,
while I do have photoshop at home, my monitor is in such a condition that I can
barely see anything.  Everything is really dark and fuzzy and hurts my eyes to
stare at alot.  I'll try to get the problem images fixed and replaced.

Other than that, some of the text is difficult to
decipher at times, and it would be nice to have a
few extra text descriptions under the picture,
but the way you summarize it quickly works
pretty well.

again, problems with my font choice.  next story I do will definately pick
another font.  but I have problems looking for one that is sufficiently
castle-like for my taste.  any ideas?

[1] I considered doing my story via rendering,
but there's two drawbacks, one being the time
needed for a decent radiosity scene (perhaps
lights and transparent elements would worsen
the situation.) Secondly, there aren't many
updates in the minifigure equipment section,
especially when it comes to recent pieces like
Tibetian hats, Samurai helmets, etc. (maybe
these pieces exist in a .dat form, is so, I
stand corrected.)

aside from the sheer trouble of rendering.  i've never made anything in MLCAD
that i liked the next day.  Using the computer, IMHO, looses the fluidity of
Lego creations, especially as regards design mistakes. it is such a pain to go
back and add something in or take something out!

THANKS for the COMMENTS!!

_lenny