 Castle / 15999
Re: Castle Map
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 21:10:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Henry Kruer writes:

This may be side stepping the whole map
issue... but...

How about we just make a castle portal or
something like that to put on a central
castle website that links to all of the
different stories out there? It could just
consist of a representative minifig from
each of the stories with a title above it.
This would help newbies to see all of the
great stories and MOCs of castle.

Interesting idea of a portal, but I believe
it would be up to each castler writing in the
realm to come up with some odd way that they
traversed through the universe to reach that
central point. (that may be an introductory
story in itself!) Links to stories would be
interesting as well, but I think each writer
should arrive at a solution so as not to
contradict the chronology of their stories.

(the last thing I would want is seeing one
character appear, but the writer still
includes him/her in a second story as well,
then tries to dismiss it saying 'oh, that was
ten years ago' but then the character dies and
throws everything askew. You get the idea. I'd
just use a nonexistent character.)

You could just make an image using photoshop
with the minifigs and names of the stories,
and use an image map to link all of them.
This would be a useful tool to navigate around
the world of castle.

This project sounds pretty ambitious, but
before any realms are launched, I believe
the first item on the itinerary of .castle
is to get a new castle world site running.

Next, we need a curator, (I could help here),
and perhaps use the castle world subgroup for
discussion of that sort. (leaving the room
for stories and MOCS here.)

Just a thought,

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast