 Castle / 15340
Re: Help me name Ikros!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 16:23:34 GMT

Hey Anthony,

Here is my two bits worth.  It seems to me that the title depends on the age
of the audience you are going after.  Based on the length of your book I
think that the young adult market (13-17 or so) would be best.  If that is
the case then the title needs to be fairly simple and with obvious
connections to the story.  I have read to many fantasy books where I
couldn't figure out how they came up with the title until I had read the
story 3 or 4 times because it was too obscure.  I like Chronicles of Ikros,
but it is really better for the name of the whole series.  For example,
"Chronicles of Ikros Vol 2: Chaos Skies."  There are several names suggested
that might work.  I think it was Jeremy who suggested "Garalt and the
Immortal Evil."  That is good.  What about simply,"Garalt and the Dragons"?
"Ikros" is okay, it is short and no one would wonder were the title came
from.  But it doesn't tell anything about the story.  Here is a list of my
suggestions:

Garalt and the Dragons.

The Ancient Evil.

Dragonfire.

Dragon's Storm.

Dragon Rising.

Dragons Awake.

After whatever title you choose, you could put a subtitle that reads,"A
chronicle of Ikros.  For example:

"Dragonfire"
A chronicle of Ikros.

Anyway, just some suggestions.  And don't worry, if you use one of my ideas,
I require no pay or credit.  After all, it is your story.

Build (and write) On,
Josh