 Castle / 14354
    Village in the Sky —Kevin Heckel
   Hi all, Here's my Floating Island Village. It was starting to fall apart, so I decided it was high time to take pictures of it. I'd built it maybe 6 months ago, and I admit it's not as sturdy as it should be. Here's the link: (URL) me what you (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc) !

        Re: Village in the Sky —Chris Maddison
     Hi Kevin, Nifty little village there - we really like the selective compression. One building standing alone looks way to small (like that fig on the balcony of that little bitty house), but overall, the village looks awesome. Coolness on the upside (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Village in the Sky —Kevin Heckel
     Chris and Shiri, Thanks! You sure have it right on "selective compression", in building it I was running out of parts on all fronts (BURPS, big green ninja bricks, pirate walls, blue slopes, etc etc). I wanted everything a bit bigger, but then it (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Village in the Sky —Josh Wedin
     (...) Hi Kevin, Neat idea, I really like the originality of it. It really looks like it is floating in the sky. One question (forgive me if it is stupid), how did you connect the burps and lurps onto the underside of your green plates. I have wanted (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Village in the Sky —Kevin Heckel
     Hi Josh, Thanks for the compliment! As for the upside-down connection, well, I didn't really do the best job on this first one, but when I rebuild it I'm going to use several of those big chunky 2 x 4 x 2 bricks that have holes on 3 sides, and maybe (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Village in the Sky —Josh Wedin
      In lugnet.castle, Kevin Heckel writes: Kevin, Thanks for the quick reply, I should be able to use the ideas in these links. Thanks again, Josh (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Village in the Sky —Bruce Hietbrink
     (...) Hey, I think the easiest solution would be to run two technic beams parallel to eachother, with the studs going in opposite directions. Then connect the beams at a few places with technic pins. Now you have a 2xn "brick" with a line of studs (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Village in the Sky —Kevin Heckel
     Hey Now why didn't I think of that before? That would be a lot more simple and clean of a solution, haha. But, would it fit ok? I mean, would there be any gappage that would be less than a plate thick? (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Village in the Sky —Sean Devolites
     (...) Wassssssup (...) Pretty cool place. Gotta like the houses and boats. Where did you get the idea for it? Did it just pop in your head or did you base it on something? Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Village in the Sky —Fradel D. Gonzales
     Cool MOC. What happens if a minifig goes sleepwalking? Maybe you can start a cloud city module withthe other castle people. Fradel (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Village in the Sky —Kevin Heckel
     Hey Well, yeah. It's a bit harsh of a minifig "natural selection", isn't it? I should correct that, rather than going into some convoluted explanation of the minifigs all having parachutes, but as none of them have backpacks, they'd have to have (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Village in the Sky —Mark Jordan
     Hey Kevin, That's awesome. Great idea, and nice execution! I think the best way of attaching upside down in this case would be some technic plates and pegs. Mark (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Village in the Sky —George Haberberger
   (...) Kevin, Neat, what a nice idea. You don't see too many floating villages around. George (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)