 Castle / 14242
Re: Does Kmart know something we don't?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 16:19:00 GMT

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:27:56 GMT, TWS Garrison
<tgarrisBASSo@ISmath.BESTpurdue.edu> wrote:

I went to bluelight.com to try to find anything about BOGO sales[1].  No
luck.  But while I was there I went to the "Lego Brand Store".  This link
is what I see:
http://www.kmart.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=1130658
The Lego image at the top rather looks like it came from TLC. . .it's
composed of R2-D2, Jango Fett's Slave I, and. . .6074.

???!!!???!!!???!!???

I'll throw my 2 cents in here, retailers DO know stuff in advance, the
lead times are huge.  Some stores have their Holiday toy setup done
already, others will be doing it soon.  The orders are long over with
for the most part, I once heard that the lead time is in the
neighborhood of 8 months or so, but that'd vary some from product to
product and even year to year.  You have to get the list of what's
going to be available, decide upon what to carry and in what
quantities and then order.  Then the retailers have to arrange for
both the space to store it and the shipping times to stores as well as
the whole shelf setup and what kind of quantities that  a single store
gets.  On the manufacturer side you have  collect the orders from
different retailers, figure out the quantities, arrange for the raw
materials, schedule the varies production steps, and do the shipping.
Denmark isn't just down the Interstate, transoceanic shipping takes
time also.
So does K-Mart know something? Yep they have to, so do their
competitors, it's part of what they need so they can plan.
Does the 6074 graphic on their website mean anything?  Who knows?  It
may be a portent of things to come, or the sign of a lazy site
designer.

Just to bring this post somewhat back to being on-topic, I hope it's a
sign of a re-release of the 6074 :^)

Mike
--

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)