 Castle / 14233
Re: 6074 probably NOT a legend.. was: Does Kmart know something we don't?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 03:10:48 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Erick Jensen writes:
I'm going on the record as saying they may know something we don't.  I hope
they do!!  That would be fantastic.  This is my theory.  The "Legend" line
is a TLC only product.  Meaning we don't see them sold anywhere else, only
lego stores or online (I say this from my experience maybe I'm completely
wrong).  The Guarded Inn and the Metroliner/Club Car were "Legends" in the
black and white boxes, I only saw them at the Lego store in Mall-o-merica.
However what did we see at Toys R Us?  We saw the pirate rereleases.  But
they were not considered "Legend", they were called "Classics".  So there
you have it, they retailers around the world are able to sell classics and
TLC will sell the legends.  So I say we will see the 6074, but not as a
Legend but as a Classic.

Just my two cents.  (I should have some change coming....)

E.

You know what else is a LEGO Direct item that is now on retail at Toys R Us?

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3451

That's right, full color retail box at $49.99 Sopwith Camel!

It is out at TRU in Montclair CA.

So I'd hazard to guess that if it is a success, TLC will risk no punches to
make more bucks.

My five cents ("Three, sir!"), yes, Three cents.
-Aaron-