 Castle / 13528
Re: Walls of Zanzibar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 00:51:36 GMT

Elegantly simple and totally on the mark. I hope you don't mind someone
borrowing your design. Although getting those 1x4 tiles will be difficult, I
would like to build a whole desert port city along those lines.

This would be great for pirate wars set in the Mediterranean. Again, good
job.

James
"Aaron Sneary" <asneary@shakespearedc.org> wrote in message
Gary,
This is one of the most beautiful MOC's I have seen in a long time. • Unique,
yet recognizable and simply built. Along with the tan/white scheme, I • really
like the lt. grey/dk. grey alternating plates in the wall. Your awnings • are
seconded only by the real thing!

You should consider entering this in the Ancient Theme contest if they • hold
it this year.

Way to go. I'm glad someone else is building Adventurers MOCs too. • (granted,
mine are a bit more modern period than TLC's original theme...)

In lugnet.castle, Gary Thomas writes:
Hi,

  I'm not much of a castle guy, but I was messing around with some ideas • and
put the following together:

I thought of this color scheme because all tan looked really boring, and • this
had a nice look to it.  Also take note of the balcony and archway • designs, I
thought they came out pretty well.

Anyways, hope you enjoy it.  I'll post some pics of the inside tomorrow, • being
lazy today.

  Later,

  Gary