 Castle / 13171
  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) Lugnet categorizes based on the official subthemes. Since the Yellow Castle, King's Castle, Knight's Castle, and other early sets have no official subtheme, they fall under "classic." (...) See above. (...) Again, when the database was (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) If you look deeper into it you actually find a LUGNET category named Black Falcons including just one set, the 6018 Battle Dragon released in 1990. I looked through the BrickShelf scan library from 1990 and this 6018 was the only model with a (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

In lugnet.castle, Erik Gustafson writes: [snip] (...) Confusing?! Of course, I don't think the Lugnet Admin intentionally organized the earlier sets into the themes to confuse members, but I think there was a lack of logic in doing this. I mean, who (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) You raise a very interesting point. Some things I see looking at 1989, 1990, and 1991 catalogs: - Based on my 1991 US catalog, "Crusaders" should simply be "Castle" - Based on the 1989 EU catalog on Brickshelf, 6066 should be "Legoland Castle" (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) You raise a very interesting point. Some things I see looking at 1989, 1990, and 1991 catalogs: - Based on my 1991 US catalog, "Crusaders" should simply be "Castle" - Based on the 1989 EU catalog on Brickshelf, 6066 should be "Legoland Castle" (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

I don't think the Black Falcons and crusaders really fit in "classic" castle, despite how they may have been classified by lego. But there may be complications when it comes to classifying sets which have two factions represented quite equally, such (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) It's clear that Lego no longer organizes Castle system sets the way it used to. Since the early 90's, rather than having various castle sets under the broad category of 'Legoland Castle,' Lego began to emphasize the different types of factions (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

I do not believe that Lego ever had an organized database of sets. Otherwise, why would we ever see multiple different sets released with the same number? While it does seem that Lego has some sort of organization in effect for more recent sets, (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) I think Lugnet has two goals: 1. provide as much information as possible on LEGO itself 2. be a center of information for fans The first goal requires that the data base accurately reflect any categorizations which LEGO has made. The second (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) Hmm..that makes a lot of sense there. When browsing the database for the 1462 treasure cart, I came up to about three results, each ofthem being a sameset, savefor thenumber...isn't there a more feasible way to organize these, because this (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) Correct (AFAIK). btw, I have a number of their "product structure" diagrams from different years. It'd probably be useful if those were all displayed on a single page somewhere. I've seen a set change its catagorization from one year to the (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) How about two categories: "sets I have" and "sets I want". :) Bruce (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Themes (was: Payback time)

(...) Sign up for a membership, and you can do that. <grin> James (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.database)