 Castle / 13085 (+20)
  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Oh Yah, ToTaLlY! Castle is among the best themes for future development!!! There are so many different periods that haven’t even been explored! And even more than periods, past cultures can be explored. Not jus’ the ethnocentric westernized (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: query about set 1547

My one has a horizontal clip in its mouth FWIW -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado "Bruce Hietbrink" <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> wrote in message news:GvHwMn.Iur@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Three new Castle MOCS

Hi William, I like what you have done with the manor house. It's a very inposing building. I also like how you have made the floors removable to allow easier access. Well done sir. one thing I would say is maybe the door frame needs a little more (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Totally agree. Say for example I will rather buy more MISB of old castle sets in ebay instead of the juniorised King Leo's Castle. Jackie (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Hi, Adam. Thanks very much for letting me know. I have just visited the site and vote for the Yellow Castle also (I already have the Black Falcon's Fortress!) Too bad my other favourites e.g the Black Monarch's Castle, or Eldorado Fortress (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Vow, I agree. (I am a Chinese, hehe) It will be great to have a theme of the Chinese Martial Art World. Have you guys seen the movie "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?". Jackie (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) 38 Pope Urbans!!! HAHA HA HAH HAHA HAHAHH AHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAAA!! That was such a good one. Maybe they could be converted into nobles, merchants, tradesmen and the like. Well this is all a fantasy, Lego will probably team up with some ridiculous (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  MOC: Phoenix' nest

Hello all, My latest creation is photographed and a collection of pictures is up on brickshelf at: (URL) "Phoenix' nest" was named such because it features a copper statue of a rising phoenix mounted on the bell tower. I tried to make this a (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Three new Castle MOCS

Hi William, Beautiful MOCs, all three of them, thanks for showing! I agree with Bruce Hietbrink that the Lions Keep is a real cool castle to start with, and your creations get even better starting from there. Also I noticed that the size decreases (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

Hi Pedro, "Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> wrote in message news:GvIBGx.DH8@lugnet.com... (...) romans* (...) a (...) This is a great idea. I'd love to see such a theme. "LEGO antique civilizations" maybe? This theme could go on for years: chariots, (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

(...) how you did it. How do people get inside? Through that tunnel in the rock below? Nice incorporation of the Bellvile roof. You don't see that often. Bruce (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

(...) Let me be the first to congratulate you on your very unique 'castle' structure. I am continuously amazed by people's ability to use wacky colors in subtle ways. The structure itself and architectural 'style' is both unique and pleasing. I (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

I believe the prospects for official ancient toy themes relies on popular entertainment. (Personally, I'd rather not see an official one.) Unfortunately that iron has been heated and cooled already. The "Sword and Sandals" genre in the past few (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) ? *Ahem*... not those! Coffee was only introduced in the Renaissance, from Arabia! ;-) (But here's a new idea - Renaissance!!! And I'd be especially interested in this one, hehe!) (...) Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking of. It has an (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Not only that, the *whole* Chinese lifestyle portrayed in LEGO. And when I said Chinese, I was only giving an example of what could be done with positive results. India, Incas, Aztecs (but not like in the Johnny Thunder theme!) would also be (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

You have of course seen K.K. Quah's stuff? (worth mentioning again) (URL) Great Wall of China for instance One non-military detail for example, there's a village with a fisherman (High Wheeler page) (URL) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Picture Boba Fett's helmet in a different colour - and you have an hoplite's helmet! The same would be possible with a modified normal helmet (without the chin-strap), and an upside-down normal visor, also modified to fit a cocarde. If we can (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Haha! I just found my son's Boba Fett helmet lying around about an hour ago and put it on a scale mail guy from Castle and was going to ask if anyone has sawed off the backpack yet! Actually, I chop up the bat-wing helmet to make a Corinthian (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

I think that something along the crusader line would be pretty cool, although dwarves and elves would be neat, too. Im new to this and not a member yet, just a posting personota. Although I would bite at any new castle. I am pretty short on those (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Minifig decals

Does any one know how to make decals for minifigs? I find stickers to be rather unsatisfiying and bad looking. I'm looking to convert some of my "other" theme minifigs into knights. (fire fighter to dragon fighter!) WB (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact