 Castle / 12546
Re: Two New Castle MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 16:45:02 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron Dalan writes:
Cool looking castle.  I always kind of imagined the bulls living in tents
and moving quickly from place to place.  Maybe they captured that castle?
It is pretty basic, but certainly more solidly built and militarily viable
than anything Lego had designed in a while.

Thanks Aaron,

The story I am writing has quite a bit of back history involved with this
castle. Its name was Athriel and it was originally a keep for the Children of
the Phoenix (the elves in my world). The keep was abandoned as the elves
learned better building techniques. After a few years the keep was "discovered
by the race of man" more specifically the Wolfstags who lived in the forests of
the area. No one is sure where they came from, but the Bulls arrived and
decimated the Wolfstag army and the keep was taken. It is now known as the
Greystone Keep and it is a primary fortress in the battle against the house of
the Lion and King William III. It is not known why the Bulls are so bent on
destroying the royal line. This castle was actually meant to be rather basic. I
wanted to keep the feel and look of the older lego castles while still making
something with some size. The Bulls have no Knowledge of architecture so the
keep will likely remain rather square until the Masthuk decide it is time to
have a new keep. The Masthuk currently live in a small walled Manor(not built
yet) in the Dark hills of Redarcre'. They are the dark warlocks of the age and
have powers beyond the witches of the Bull army.

I really like the way you have set up your armies.  The Bull royalty shot is
cool, you have mixed it up with the different types of heads, helmets, armor
and capes nicely.  How did you get the horns to stay on the front of the
visored helm?  My army is almost ready to storm your castle...

The horns were just glued onto the visor with a glue gun. They stay well
enough, but it is not a permanet solution.