 Castle / 12545
12544  |  12546
Subject:
Castle development
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 15:37:26 GMT

Hi all,

Shiri's point about real castles expanding over time got me thinking about
this from a lego point of view. I have a castle I started building last
summer and with the new bricks I have, and I plan to expand it significantly
in time for Brickfest 2002. By then it will probably be much bigger than I
initially expected it to be, so in a way it is expanding in exactly the same
way as real castles did. Now I'm torn between changing the already existing
walls to look more like the new walls I'm going to add, or leaving them as
they are. Colour is an issue, at this point the castle is predominantly
grey. Should I extend the walls using say, black, or should I rebuild the
wall entirely, mixing grey with black? I suppose I could theoretically add
to the castle for ever, but sooner or later I'll want to use the pieces for
something else and I'll break it up.

Do any of you have castle MOCs that you have kept for a long time and added
to significantly over time? If so, did the new additions have a different
architectural feel to them? And if so, was it on purpose, or by chance? The
Davinskeep Project sounded like a cool idea, did that ever get started
properly? I was looking forward to seeing how that came out.

cheers

Magnus