 Castle / 12543
Re: Small village
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 14:43:38 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Chris Maddison writes:
Very cool, Chris!  The whole setup has a compactness that makes it look like
a typical, small medieval village.  There's not too much going on, so it
looks very peaceful.  The buildings look great, and the landscaping is
fantastic.  The little details, like the 3-leaf plants placed randomly
around the scene, make it immensly more fun to look at.

Hey, thanks Wilson.  Actually the "compactness" of it is just my excuse at a
lack of landscaping stuff (or, moreover, a lack of motivation to dig more of
it out :-)  I tried to make the whole thing organic.

Well, you did a good job of giving the "organic" feel. I agree with Wilson,
the foliage on the ground gives the village a "living and breathing" touch.
The bigger tree is very nice, and again, placing foliage at its foot gives
it a realistic touch.

Yep, that's what I had in mind...small merchants selling out of a tent type
stuff.  I can also see this at some fair or carnival.  This is one SPUD that
I hope gets released in multiple colors.

Yes, very cool! This makes me think about Jon Furman's "Festival of the
Guilds", and, while we're at it... this sounds like a *great* theme for this
year's gathering at Brickfest. Whaddaya say? Every kingdom bringing their
fairs and goods...?

-Shiri