 Castle / 12538
Re: Small village
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 05:22:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Chris Maddison writes:
Hi all,

This is a small village with a church, inn, some shops and houses, and
plenty of life.  I had the buildings laying around just waiting to be used,
so I sat down a couple weekends ago and put em all together.

Very cool, Chris!  The whole setup has a compactness that makes it look like
a typical, small medieval village.  There's not too much going on, so it
looks very peaceful.  The buildings look great, and the landscaping is
fantastic.  The little details, like the 3-leaf plants placed randomly
around the scene, make it immensly more fun to look at.

The highlights include:

church bell that actually swings

Cool construction on the bell.

two small merchant stands using HP roof-pieces

These are way cool!  They kind of remind me of the stands that the "carnies"
dwell in for the duration of a county fair.  I can almost here them calling:
"Come on, give it a try.  Everyone's a winner!"

a sort of experimental path leading away from the tan and black house (I
particularly want to know what you all think about this...does it look like
an actual beaten path cutting through grass?)

Yes it does, you pulled it off very well.  It gives the impression that the
owners of the little house aren't too enthusiastic about their yardwork.  ;-)

Wilson
http://home.sofast.net/~raska/

We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. . .