 Castle / 12390 (+10)
  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

(...) There is a major difference between fads and HP. Namely the adults. Most adults dislike the fads. With HP half the fans are adults. At the very least the books will sell to the adults who are hooked. -Mike Petrucelli (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Heraldry - help!

Hi all, Can anybody refer me a good site to look for info about heraldry? I mean, not those commercial "Find your family shield!" sites, rather those with actual dimensions and conventions for actual shields. Real life ones. My ultimate purpose is (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Wanted: Set No. 4709 hogwarts castle knights.

'Sup! Does anyone have any extra knights (complete and in excellent condition) from the No.4709 Hogwarts castle that they may want to sell or trade? I'll be needing a few of these knights for a current project of mine, so If anyone is interested in (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Wanted: Set No. 4709 hogwarts castle knights.

the correct place for a post like this is in buy-sell-trade. although i know only castle-heads and hp peeps will be the one that will be interested, it really does belong in that subgroup. thanks -lenny (aka, self appointed lugnet police.. ugh) (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

(...) i don't agree. i think brad believes "HP is castle" in the retail sense, but obviously not. thus allowing Lego Direct to release the two best castle sets in a long time without fearing overlap in sales. It isn't the same relation when he says (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry - help!

i went on google.com and searched under "portuguese shield", and i found this. hopefully is what you need. (URL) hope this works. -lenny (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Heraldry - help!

By The Way - Heraldry actually has nothing to do with dimensions or conventions of shields. Heraldry is a system using the written word to describe a visual representation of a crest or coat of arms (the identifying insignia, be it personal or (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript

Fair point about the books but the driving force behind HP is the hype. lots of very popular books do very well, but its the hype that translates into the childrens marketing market. As far as I know JKR has finished scribbling the last of the books (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry - help!

(...) but they are too small to draw any good conclusiona about their measurements. (...) It's a start. Unfortunately, the measurements are the important part for an accurate rendition of the shield. :-( Pedro (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Heraldry - help!

(...) Yes, you are right. I just read an e-mail sent by someone who knows about this, and there was a small explanation. According to that same e-mail, there isn't a single document where the shield is defined. Shameful for our legislators... so (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact